How do I file a claim?
To file a claim call whichever of the following numbers your policy number corresponds with
1. For policies that start with RTH call Markel American Insurance at 1-800-236-3113
2. For policies that start with PRH call QBE at 1-844-723-2524
3. For ID theft policies (Only numbers and 12 digits long) please call 1-866-434-3572
How do I set up a Policy?
You can set up a policy by either calling 1-877-577-0850 or clicking on “Get a Quote” on our website
How to make changes to a policy?
A policyholder can either log into homebody.com to make most changes or call our agency team at 1-877-577-0850. Some changes, like address changes, can only be done via phone.
Who can make changes to my account?
Only people listed on the policy can make changes to the policy. If you are paying for someone else’s policy, it is generally recommended you have yourself added to the policy so you can make changes.
Why am I not getting a password reset link?
There are a few reasons why someone may not receive their reset password link right away:
1. The most common reason is that the capitalization is not correct. Our system is case sensitive and if the email address you request the password with does not match exactly what is saved with the account it will not send.
2. Reset password links typically only take a few seconds to send, however they can occasionally take up to 30 minutes before you receive them.
3. Another reason can be the policyholder used a different email address
How to contact our agency team?
You can call 1-877-577-0850 Monday through Friday from 8AM EST to 8PM EST. We are closed for major holidays.
How do I find my policy number?
All billing notification emails will contain the policy number, we also include it on the proof of insurance, policy packet, and on the website once you have logged in.
How is communication sent?
All communication between the policyholder and Homebody will be sent via email. If you do not have an email address it is not recommended to purchase a policy through Homebody.
When does my policy end?
All of our policies are continuous until they are either canceled by the policyholder or we are no longer able to process payments and the policy lapses.
When does billing happen?
Billing is based on the start date and will bill 3-15 days before the start date depending on the type of policy and carrier. Occasionally we will need to perform a mid-billing cycle catch-up payment that will not fall between these dates. The only way to change the billing date is to cancel the policy and change the start date.
When do I receive my policy?
The proof of insurance/declaration page is available after the first payment has been processed which typically takes 24 hours. The full policy packet will be sent 2 weeks after the policy start date.